Thursday, April 28, 2011

2 Posts....One day ; ) Hungry for The Hunger Games

Wow my second post of the day, how very awesome for me and I hope awesome for everyone else out there. But I just couldn't pass up an opportunity to talk about something that has got my mind very interested! As you know, (if you read my about me) I'm very into books, and I am always looking for a interesting, edge of your seat, page turning book to read. Seeing as I just finished the last book that I was reading ( The Help by Kathryn Stockett which I will later post about.) I needed to find another and fast, before my brain went into melt-down! While browsing on a nameless quirky and blunt blogger (Herez Pilton ; ) @ http://perezhilton.com ) I came across a book called The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, which is being made into a movie in the not to far off future. Now I'm not completely living under a rock, I have heard of the book before and have harbored the idea of reading it. But with it being so popular and "in" with the younger crowd I headed the opposite way remembering a certain book about a sparkly vampire and an emo werewolf that went viral and became an annoyance years after I first read it. But looking into the reviews on Amazon.com today I'm seriously considering going out and picking up The Hunger Games as soon as I get off work! 
For those of you who are in the same boat as me and have yet to read the first book of the trilogy it focuses around 16 year old Katniss Everdeen who lives in Panem, A post-apocalyptic country that was once known as North America. Panem is run by a power hungry government called the Capitol that regulates everything that its citizens do. The Hunger Games is an annual televised event where the Capitol picks a boy and girl from districts to participate in a fight to the death. From what I got from the reviews its a very graphic novel, with romance adventure and suspense all wrapped in one. I for one like all of thee above! Big bonus is its a trilogy so if I do love it I basically have a super long book to read!
So what do you think? For those of you who haven't read it are you going to do the same as me and get your hands on a copy as soon as you can? And for those who have read it, was it as awesome as it sounds?

No comments:

Post a Comment